1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD B.C. Rich Mockingbird Bass - great for hard rock / metal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I know there's a metal / hard rock bass player out there who'd have more use for this than me. I bought this for a 80s-90s hard rock/metal cover band that never panned out.

2004 B.C. Rich Mockingbird bass in "tombstone" gray. This is of the "platinum" series which to my knowledge is now discontinued. I don't have pictures but it looks like this, only silver/gray in color with black pickup covers. (I can take actual pics upon request if you're thinking about buying it.)

[​IMG]

Features

* Made in Korea in 2004 (very solid construction)
    * Unique shape
    * Rare pickup configuration 2 split-coil pickups with one very close to the bridge
    (these are seriously the best sounding pickups I've ever found on a Korean bass...tons of clean punch w/ tone variety from low and dark to shimmering bright top end)
    * Agathis body
    * Hard maple neck
    * Sealed tuners
    * Adjustable bridge
    * All-chrome hardware
    * Volume/volume/tone controls with a 3-way selector
    * Rosewood fretboard
    (one of the nicest grains I've seen on rosewood and I've owned 20+ basses)

No case, sorry. Will come in a cheapo gig bag and be double boxed and well padded.

$175 shipped (lower 48 only).

Fine print:
    You probably wouldn't notice if I didn't say anything but I'm obligated to disclose the infinitely minor damage I caused to this bass while I was tinkering with the pickups. Everything purely cosmetic. I replaced two of the pickup height screws on one of the pickups, barely noticeable. Also I put a couple of tiny nicks on the body between the pickups with a screwdriver (you have to tilt it just right to even see this) and slightly damaged the plastic edge on the pickup with the new screws ..which I then sanded down to make it smooth again... not visible to the naked eye unless you turn it to a certain angle. Again I cannot stress enough how minor this stuff is but just want to disclose it.

2. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    That seems like a really good value. Never realized BC's could be so inexpensive, even the overseas ones.

3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Lowered again. $175.

Yeah I think the Korean and Chinese ones definitely get a bad rap. (This one's definitely Korean, I've heard they're made in China now too though.) Why, I'm not sure, since plenty of high quality instruments are made in Korea (Lakland, Ibanez etc) and plenty of people own made-in-China SX basses and rave about their quality. With that said, this is still a pretty basic instrument, but the construction is rock solid, the pickups are loud, clear, and offer a variety of tonal options. Plus, how many basses do you see with a double P configuration? Musician's Friend was blowing these out for $230-something (I had a rotten customer service experience with them that I posted on here but they've since redeemed themselves.) I had it locally listed for $200 and had several interested parties, all of whom backed out. So if I can get rid of it on here for $175, I pay shipping, I pay Paypal, get it out of my basement, get both its boxes and all its padding out of my basement, then I'll be a :) camper.
    If I were in a hard rock, metal, or cover band, I'd keep this, but I play bass in an indie rock band. We practice 3x a week and that's all I have time for (believe me, every time I try to add a second band I just end up not being able to do it.)

4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Possible trade in the works.

5. bump - love your avatar.

6. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Heh thanks. Yeah this bass is pretty close to being sold. I'll keep the thread open until I actually have the money in hand though.

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    If the money doesn't pan out, interested in a Boss RC-20XL?

8. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Hmm, maybe, not sure if I'd need that but reading the description it does sounds pretty cool.

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    A friend of mine records a lot of stuff onto his and uses it live.

He promised to teach me how to do it, since I'm technologically retarded, but he moved away and now its just sitting. Its been used for all of a week. :p

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I can see how it would have application in my one-guitar band. However, yesterday I already accepted a cash offer for my BC Rich, just waiting for a check to arrive/clear. If the offer falls through I'll definitely get in touch with you about this.

11. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Score :)

If you wanna buy it outright, let me know.

Its in the FS section of the accessories forum.

12. ship to canada?

13. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Possibly but I already have a buyer lined up (see previous messages)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.