B.C Rich Nut widths?? Anyone own one??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BASSBOOST, May 5, 2005.

1. Well I am looking at some B.C.Rich basses, but they don't post nut width on the website.Does anyone know the nut widths?? Does anyone own a B.C Rich?? I wanna know what you think of them.Thanks in advance, Nik.
  2. I have an NJ Beast and I love it. I actually dont have it at my house, it's at my guitarist's house right now or I'd measure the nut for you. I'll be out there tomorrow night so I can let you know then if someone doesnt beat me to it. It plays really nicely in my opinion, better than most anything else I've tried, but my hands are bigger than the average person, so I'm not sure how well you would fit it. I have absolutely no problems reaching anything on it, and I can easily do the thing where you wrap your thumb around the neck to fret a note on the E while holding a note on the D or G strings.

The only complaints... don't get a Beast if you sit down and play a lot, as those big spikes will dig into your leg and its very uncomfortable. I've had it for about 6 months or so and I'm starting to have a little bit of trouble out of the output jack. Its your standard loose jack problem, and is easily remedied by looping the cord through the strap so as to relieve pressure on the plug, but it seems that it should have held up longer than it did.
  3. Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    Slightly off-topic butttt

To the above,
    Just put a locking nut on it, or just put some locktite on it and (depending on what strength you get) will almost NEVER come loose.
  4. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, I pulled my B.C Rich Warlock out and measured the nut for ya. It is 1 11/16" wide.

NOTE: This Warlock is an NJ Series from the mid 80's, I imagine it should be the same.
  5. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    I had one from the late 70s. It had the P-bass width (1 11/16") as well.
  6. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    I have a 2004 NJ Beast. They are pretty awesome!

The only things I dont like, is that it is really neck heavy (ill tell ya how to fix it in a sec ;) ) and that when you switch pickups and you have a note ringing it makes a really really weird sound.

Anyways, to fix the neck dive just put a straplock on one of the neck bolts. Now the neck bolt wont be long enough, so you'll have to find a longer screw at home hardware or sumthin to replace it with. anyways, when you have the straplock there, it doesnt poke you!

Btw, like mentioned before, the spike does poke your leg...

Id suggest getting a warlock since a)theyre cheaper, b)I dont think anything will poke you when you play one of those sittign down, c) MUCH easier to pakc around d)gets the same sounds as a beast!
  7. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Funny, I played a Beast guitar last November and thought it was great sitting down - perfectly balanced, didn't want to shift at all. But I play lefty and it was a righty. Hmmm... maybe it's a great ergonomic design, just upside-down?