1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B.C. Rich Warlock 5-String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazzin', Nov 9, 2006.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My friend has a black BC Rich Warlock 5-string bass that he wants to sell. It is about 2 or 3 years old but in perfect condition. He is a drummer and doesn't know much about basses so he asked me to ask you guys about what price he should sell it for.

Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

2. ONE DOLLAR

3. LookIt'sSteve17

LookIt'sSteve17

Oct 31, 2006
    Michigan
    Well, if your buddy isn't strapped for cash, he can eBay the bass for around $350... if he wants a check in his hand tomorrow, he can go to a Guitar Center and expect no more than $275 for it.

4. Jazzin'

That sucks. He told me he paid 1 grand for it. I guess he got ripped off.

5. steve21

steve21 Inactive

Is that an NJ?

If it was 1g canadian, he might be able to sell it for 5-600 CDN?

6. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I saw one at GC the other day, in great condition, for 400$ American.

I played it and wasn't dissapointed, the two P pickups don't give a lot of variance in sound, though. Would be nice if played with a pick, which I don't do.

7. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Sounds like your buddy paid full retail CAN when it was new.

Last one I saw used on ebay went for $400 US w/OHSC.

They're great metal basses once you get them set up right. Soundwise, it's a killer combo of BCR mahogany tone coupled with dual passive P5 OEM EMGs and active pre. Like a "modernized" BCR in a lightweight package. Mine weighs about HALF as much as my US Warlock.

I just happen to know someone from another forum who's been searching for one. PM me and I'll hook you up.

8. 1 grand is insane! Even the Canadian price is like $750 new. He should just go to a music store and ask one of the guys/gals behind the counter.

9. Jazzin'

Yes, it says N.J. on the headstock. I checked today because we jammed at his house since mine didn't have power.

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I bought my NJ Mockingbird for $300 and it couldn't have been more than two years old when I bought it if that helps any.

IMO, if he is willing to wait he might be able to get about $450-$475 US for it. Sorry, I don't know what that is in CAD.

No matter what though, he is going to take a loss. With all the brands available today, the limited "metal" market, and the general consensus that they are 80's metal personified, you tend to take a loss on them.