Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Every bass you look at is purely different with little or no pattern. For your own sake, sleep on it. You'll change your mind in the morning.
  3. Ken, wait till you fix your bike, or your mom can take you into town - DO SOME ROADTESTING my friend!!!

You shouldn't buy a bass just cos it looks cool on the internet! :bag: Try some out, get some feel for what you wanna sound like and buy wisely!

Good luck ;)
  4. Personally, I hate B.C. Rich. I don't like the sound, and the balance is terrible, at least that's on the NJ Beast. In general I don't like B.C. Rich, but whatever sands your wood. Just try it out first for your own sake.
  5. TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Yea, I've never heard good things about them. My buddy has a BC Rich guitar (He's not with me or the drummer) and I don't like it. I know it's a guitar, but I have heard their basses are the same way.
  6. nasaldischarges

Jun 11, 2005
    bc rich is the brand of suck
  7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My friend has the 5 string version, I hate it. (not because its 5 strings instead of 4)
  8. Your not going to find too many people to favor the BC Rich basses on Talk Bass, alot of haters...

You have to keep in mind of the "extreme" designs BC Rich employs, they may be uncomfortable to you. Play them both standing and sitting for a period of time, and see if you like it.

If you're looking to slap, choose another bass, these basses are not built for slappers.

The platinum sereis is best BC Rich overseas series available (NJ is American, right?) So the quality will be on par with what you pay. It's 450 for a reason.

9. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland

NJ stands for Nagano Japan, where NJ basses are made. Some fo them area ctually pretty decent, supposedly. I've never played one that I was that hot on but I haven't touched an NJ in a while. Platinum and Bronze BCRs are made in various 3rd world sweatshops, basically wherever they can get the cheapest assembly. In my expirience (and I've owned several riches from all 3 lines) they are among the worst basses ever made.

They aren't anywhere near the quality you apy for, they are far, far below. You can get a well made, decent sounding bass for $450 from a variety of companies, any of which will be better than a Platinum BCR.

Look elsewhere unless all you care about is having a "cool" shape.
  10. I stand corrected, I did not know to well... The Platinums are sub par to the NJ's and are the second best overseas bass...

When you're looking into bass reviews, and you can click on someones profile, do so. See what they might be comparing the bass to. Of course someone whom ones an Alembic or a Zon will think this bass sucks! (Not accusing anyone here, I actually didn't do this.)

The bottom line is, you have to go out and play this bass. If you fall in love, then you'll be willing to do whatever it takes to fix the problem, no matter what cost. If you don't like it, and you only can say "Meh, it's alright" then don't buy it. You have to test it yourself!!!

Go out and play.

11. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Horrible bass's IMO. Sound is below par, don't balance well and play awfully.