B&C Tweeter Help Needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dilver, Jul 13, 2020.

1. I need to replace the tweeter in my Berg Ht112 cabinet. The B&C D32 model tweeter was apparently discontinued and replaced with the B&C D35, which is a neodymium mag tweeter. The specs seem similar but the D35 is slightly smaller. Any help here would be really appreciated...

1. Would the diaphragm from the D35 fit the D32?
    2. Anyone compare the D32 vs. D35? Do they sound the same?
    3. Is it worth me trying to track down a replacement diaphragm for the D32 or should I just replace it with the newer model?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

What EXACTLY is the reason for your post? :)

3. Sorry - just edited my post for clarity... (blown tweeter, need to replace or try to fix).

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Are you certain that the horn is blown? It might just be the horn protection lamp that has failed.

5. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Have you contacted Bergantino to see if they have a replacement? Seems like a logical step...

6. Pretty sure the diaphragm is shot. Bergantino has them listed on their site. But $50 + $25 shipping is a little steep for just a diaphragm :eek:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021