1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

B-day present from my wife: Bergantino IP 310!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BartmanPDX, May 10, 2006.

1. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

First of all, I have the most amazing wife. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

A few weeks ago, I dragged her to a local store which carried the Bergantino IP series cabs. The owner had done some work on my Ric 4003, and I went down to pick it up, and while we were there, I showed her the Bergies, and after hearing them, she agreed that they blew away my ancient rig ('90 G-K 400RB, '90 Hartke 410XL, '05 Avatar B212). Anyway, I put the IP 310 on my wish list for my birthday, never expecting anything to come of it, because she had made a point that the Bergies were expensive (apparently, she did this to throw me off the trail).

This morning (my birthday), I woke up, stumbled out of bed, and nearly tripped over this:
    IMG_0752.

Here's a shot with the cover removed:

IMG_0753.

And one from the back:

IMG_0754.

I love my wife. She treats me VERY well. She knew how badly I wanted this, and she completely surprised me this morning. I guess she managed to hide it from me for over a week in the house. :D

Anyway, it sounds terrific -- without a doubt the best solid-state rig I've ever heard. I haven't had a chance to play with it much, because I'm having to take care of my daughter, but she's going to school in less than an hour, and I'm going to crank it up.

I think I'm finally cured of GAS in the amp/cab department. It's kind of like moving from an aging Toyota Corolla to a Mercedes. :D

More later. My daughter just woke up.

2. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think I love your wife too...:D

Seriously, congrats on the awesome bergie.

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

That is so cool. Happy Birthday.

That IP310 is one of the best sounding pieces of gear I've ever heard. Have fun with it (and take your wife out to a VERY nice dinner someplace!).

4. Wow. Congrats.

A partner that supports your music that much is a great thing. Last year, I needed an acoustic guitar for some writing projects. For Christmas my girlfriend bought me a Taylor 810. What a neat gift.

Now, go play.

5. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Happy Birthday Man!
    Wow! What a Lady.... She Rocks!
    Same with my Mrs. :cool:

Congrats on your new toy.
    Got me one too and am enjoying it. Berg stuff is top shelf.

6. This is probably one of the more inspirational comments. I'm always sceptacle of how amazing something will be when really the only people that can tell differences in all this stuff is bass players. To have a wife say hands down this is an amazing cab has my interest peaked.... I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Happy birthday and congrats.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Excellent! Those IP 310s are right at the TOP of my GAS list. Your wife is awesome.

8. BartmanPDX

I've had a little time to fool around with it, and I'm in tone heaven. I'm walking around grinning like a madman.

And to think, I got my wife laser hair removal (i.e. torture) for my wife for her birthday. She said it was what she really wanted . . . :bag:

There are two DSP settings on the unit. I think I prefer the normal program setting, but the setting with the button pushed in cuts like a razor blade -- it's an interesting change of pace.

Tom, which setting do you prefer, and is there any word on the time frame for availability of the new Bergantino line driver?

I do have a fantastic, supportive wife. In the past year, she has given me a Lakland DJ5 (birthday last year), a Tacoma Thunderchief 5-string (Father's day), and a Godin A4 fretless (Xmas). I've been generous to her, as well. It pays (in many more ways than gear) to keep your spouse happy. You never know what they might do for you in return!!! :hyper:

9. turnuptheBASS

turnuptheBASS

Jan 30, 2005
    So. CA.
    OMG :eek: sweet gift. Congrats on the new cab.:hyper:

10. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Congrats! Happy B-Day too!:hyper:

11. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    That's awesome! My wife has never even bought me strings :crying:

12. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    If your IP is the same as mine the button pushed in is the setting without DSP. It sounds more of what we are all used to. The DSP Normal took me a little while to get used to hearing everything very well balanced and to it's most efficent EQ setting via the DSP. Quite HUGE>

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Yeah, but is the hair removal for her, or REALLY for you? ;)

14. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    My vote for "TalkBass Wife of the Year".

. . . have the shirts for that even been printed yet??? ;)

15. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Happy Bday,
    and huge congrats on the IP!

cheers

16. +1! Man, i'd be happy to get a new metronome from my girl...

17. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    What a gal. Make sure you pay attention to her tonight, though....

18. BartmanPDX

Thanks for the info. The sheet that came with the cab just said that the details about the button were on a sticker on the front of the cab, which evidently had been removed at the store.

With the DSP on, it definitely has a better balance across the frequency spectrum, and that's where I'm leaving it for now.

19. BartmanPDX

Actually, it was her cursing up a storm about ingrown hairs, etc. that gave her the idea. Works for me though! :D

20. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've just decided on a necessary question for fist dates....