1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

B. Dylan Mystery Strat...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by millsbass5, Jul 20, 2012.

1. This little story isn't related to bass guitars, at all. But, it's a damn interesting story nonetheless (Nonetheless:What a weird word/spelling).
    But, it's a Bob Dylan-related story about a missing vintage Strat. Oh, and it's just not yer everyday, ordinary '64 Strat either. Which one is it, you ask? It's the one he used when he was booed off stage for, get this, "going electric" for the very first time, at the Newport Folk Festival. (Ho!!! He got his "electric cherry" popped!!!)
    The estimated value at auction? A paltry $500,000.00-$600,000.00. Can you believe it? It's an outright outrage!! What a bunch of cheap-asses........:bag:

2. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  3. treekiller

treekiller

Mar 4, 2010
    Iowa
    Lemme get this straight, said guitar was left on daddy's plane so daddy just decided to take it home??? I don't think finders keepers applies here.

Hmmm, not an expert but I'd say Bob probably could still make a legitimate claim of ownership, especially if said guitar is from THE first electric show and worth in the neighborhood of a half million!!! :eyebrow:

4. StereoPlayer

StereoPlayer

Aug 29, 2010
    Watch for a re-run on History Detectives on PBS foR the full story.

5. I remember reading the Bobby D quote about that. Gave me a good laugh in class one evening.

"These people must have had a lot of money to pay and come boo someone. I could barely pay for my shoes and they pay to come have a bad time." (paraphrased of course)