1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B-E-A-D

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by kyral210, Sep 12, 2008.

1. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    Where can I get a set of four strings to tune my bass B-E-A-D without the added expense of being a set for a 5 string bass and throwing the top G away?

2. Try juststrings.com

They do singles.

3. NS2A

NS2A

Apr 3, 2008
    Just buy a set of 5 and give the G string to your girlfriend.

:smug:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

4. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

HAHAHAHAHA! That was a good one, Spectorboy:p

5. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    Hmmm, not really a fan of Rotosounds though :meh:

6. SIT will make up "custom gauge" sets at customer request through your local dealer - same price as a standard 4string set. I've been using, and quite happy with a 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 guage "Powerwound" set for CGCF.

7. cb_man

cb_man

Apr 16, 2007
    You also have Warwick Black Label strings, the 40240 LB (Low B) set: .065", .085", .105", .135"

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/product_list.php?rndtop&katID=14510&cl=EN

Along with the Rotosounds mentioned above, these are the only ones I know factory assembled for this tuning.

I'm going along that path too, but still undecided about which set to choose. Why don't you personally like the Rotosounds (never tried them myself). How does your bass cope with the set-up?