1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD B Hefner Maple/Maple Jazz Neck-Loaded-Dots and Binding

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by slap2much, May 17, 2017.

1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Price:
    $175
    B Hefner Jazz Bass neck, Maple fretboard with black dots and binding. Slightly under 1 1/2" at the nut. Vintage radius, 7.25" I believe. Has been used but still in good shape, see pics. Bone nut, 70s style tuners, string retainer all included. This was part of a David Certain bass I had made for myself several years ago and I ended up putting a Precision neck on that body. I thought this one was pretty cool so I didn't sell it at the time but now I'm kind of moving away from 4 strings. $175 shipped to ConUS. Thanks, pics follow.

IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0146.JPG IMG_0147.JPG IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0157.JPG IMG_0159.JPG

NigelD and e-flat like this.
  2. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Answers to a few miscellaneous questions:

Fretwire - I believe jumbo fretwire similar to what you'd find on a 70s Jazz neck.

Action - Have had it pretty low, because of my style/lack of technique (see user name) I usually raise it a bit from that point.

Truss - Adjusts both ways, I have not needed to add a washer or other spacer but it could be done. There was no shim in the pocket when it was mounted.

Finish - Came with sealer applied. I added a couple light coats of wipe-on clear satin poly and finished up with either Watco or Minwax furniture wax (not a car wax but a furniture finishing product).

Last edited: May 18, 2017