[B]Jazz AND Rock Bass?[/B]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by QuackDcky3, May 30, 2004.

1. QuackDcky3

May 30, 2004
    Hi, I've been playing for a few months now, I have the basics down and working on other things, but I'm in both a jazz band and rock band. Is it possible to buy a both Jazz and Rock bass? Or would a jazz or rock bass work for either? I don't know a good kind to buy, as well, considering my budget of 300 dollars. Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate feedback, either here or my e-mail: djlinnell@dc.rr.com . Thank you SO MUCH!

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    a Fender Precision bass or Fender jazz bass both have very versatile tones and would work for most anything.
  3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    warwick streamer Lx or corvette std. good for almost any style on its begining stage. streamer jazzman is a great bass huge tonal range and its kind of classy (at least for me). a jazz bass and some good preamp can do the jazz/rock change well, some day you'll find that you were looking just for one kind of sound and you will aply it to any style youre playing.
  4. A fender jazz will do great with either.

But for each, you have to EQ your amp jussst right.
  5. QuackDcky3

May 30, 2004
    Thank you so much, all of you! I'll stick with a Jazz Bass, which is what I am using at the moment... but thank you! :bassist: <--- I can really rock :)
  6. I bet you could get a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz MIM used for around $300 or maybe a little more on e-bay. Jazz basses are already versatile, and these hae active electronics and get awesome reviews. I say go for one.
  7. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    What about mexican fender jazz basses ? :)
  8. [​IMG]
  9. The "Jazz" is just a name. They're probably the most versatile basses in the world. Can't go wrong!
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone know why they named it the "Jazz" bass? Was it originally designed for jazz, but it 'accidentaly' came out being an awesomely versatile bass? :p