1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B Sharp Music - Mazaladas Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by whoatherechunk, Sep 14, 2008.

1. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    So I'm awaiting the arrival of one of these bad boys. I'll give my prompt review once I get it.

Go under B Sharp Custom....

http://www.b-sharpmusic.com/

2. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I don't suppose you could compare it to a ZVex Box of Rock when you get it..?

3. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Nope. Sorry about that. Maybe later down the road I'll be able to.

4. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm curious about that fuzz pedal.

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    DSC02694.

DSC02697.

Alright guys...just got this in today. I've fiddled a bit with it and it's great. The clean boost (right footswitch/knob all the way to the right) is delicious to say the least. I do not have much experience with clean boosts but this one makes my rig sound great. As for the distortion, it is definitely different then the fuzz/gain pedals that I already have-those being Earthbound Audio Supercollider, Polish Love, Boss OS-2, MXR M-80, ( and others I have used: MXR Distortion+, Big Muff, Boss OBD-3, etc.) This thing can go from being somewhat subtle in a vintage,aggressive fashion to simply going over the top! The pedal that I have that seems most similar to the Mazaladas is the Polish Love. You gotta watch out for those knob levels or you can easily blow out some speakers! I'll try and post clips up sometime soon in the future. Dave from B Sharp is a great guy and for some extra bucks you can get a custom painted pedal. If you guys buy one, let him know I sent you ;). He also said that there were going to be newer pedals in the works! Notable artists that use his pedals are Battles and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. There you go for a crappy review!

Chris

6. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    clipsclipsclips!!!

sounds intriguing!

7. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Sweet! These things sound great. Dave at B-sharp is my brother-in-law's brother. He services all my amps and I can definitely say he does top notch work.

8. well I like 111 'M'

9. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    ha! i never thought of that. also, the pedal is white and the "m" decal is black. one of the photos makes the pedal look light blue.