Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

B string tabs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by studg10, Dec 20, 2001.

1. studg10

studg10

Dec 4, 2001
    Hey,
    what are some good 5-string bass songs that I should learn? my level of playing is pretty good I can play Marcus Miller songs so anything that would be that difficult?

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    try playing linkin park...now THAT is some hard stuff:rolleyes: ....:D

bp13

p.s.
    im not tryin to start a little conflict...but should this be in "General Instruction"???

3. Dpeneds what you are into. If you like hardrock/nu metal, then I would definitely recommend either INcubus or 311.

Bands like Jamiroquai and Dave Matthews Band donthave excessive use of the B string, but they do incorporate it into their music.

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I bet you are as good as Marcus Miller. You know, being a 14 year old who needs tabs to use his B string and all.

Find music you and like and use your ears...that's what they're for. ;)

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! Can you send me an mp3 of you slapping Teen Town? I would love to hear that.:)

6. C'mon guys, you can be a little more mature than this :rolleyes:.

I don't have any good suggestions for TABs for a 5 stringer, but a very useful thing about the B string is that is has a low D on the 3rd fret. So you can play songs on your B string originally meant for dropped D, which lots of bands play in. It takes a second to adjust and realize that first fret on a dropped D is same as the 4th fret on a B and so on. But once you master it, it makes it a lot more conveinient than having to drop D all the time.

So just find a band that drops D alot (tool, pantera, RAtM, pop in my head) and use this.

Hope I was some help. :)

7. All our songs ( my band ) are in B, but until we release a CD i am not allowed to post any tabs / samples...

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Ooomph, I can't even play that song right in my head. Its so hard, and so quick. Aye caramba!

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This thread doesn't belong in this forum.

10. LOL, I remember being like that...hehe thinking I was the best. No offense, but, dude seriously, have you listened to the Marcus Miller CD? Can you play everything up to tempo, have the same tone, articulations, dynamics, speed, and overall godlyness? If no, then stick to your B string.

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It doesn't really fit anywhere else, though. We don't have a Look how great I am Forum. Yet.:eek:

12. Maybe we should.

Maybe have it be a direct link to tAbCrAwLeRz.com or whatever ;) Hey, maybe you can get some money by doing that....lol.

13. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    HaY eMBeLLiShAaaaAA cAn u PLaY ***oNe SteP cLoSeR** Yet MaN?!

14. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!
    :D

15. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    ROFLMFAO!!