1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B string wouldn't fit, but I made it and it's awesome.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Zodion, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Zodion

Zodion Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    So I switched to a 135 B string from a 125. I wasn't even supposed to have the smaller, but it came in the pack I ordered. So my 5 string is top loaded 34" scale and has to go through the bridge hole. Well the string was a tight fit and the end was too big. But I carved out the hole, the string flew in, but the end was still tight but I got it in there. Gonna have to cut it off when I change them and make the hole even bigger with a drill. But still the 135 sounds amazing, so glad I made the switch.

bholder likes this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I like me some big thick strings. :)

cheechi and Zodion like this.
  3. Zodion

Zodion Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    Damn thing is a telephone cable but it's awesome and perfectly made. I've had some that are awful but this big 135 is a monster :bassist:

4. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    I have a .145 DR DDT B just come in, ordered through bassstringsonline. ;) (And then there's my Quake...)

5. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Got a Sire M3 4 string, put a set of DR Hi Beam stainless heavies .50 .110 on it, sound huge. :D

Zodion likes this.
  6. Zodion

Zodion Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    I'd have to drill my bass to fit a 145 (which I almost got but it took forever to come in so I didnt) I already had to widen the hole to fit the 135, and then hammer it in there because the end is so wide. But the tone I get is awesome. On my 4 string I had 50, 67, 90, 120 on there for drop C but I just changed them out after months for a standard set because I don't play in drop C in my current outfit