Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

B100R distorts at mid volume

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Feb 27, 2003.

1. I'm new to this amp and love the tone however I've noticed mine making an almost flapping sound thru the ports at volumes of 5.5 on up. Does that sound like normal distortion to you folks? The speaker looks to be in great shape, I looked all around the cone for tears but found none.

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey GrooveMonkey, I'm sorry you're having trouble with this amp as it's one of my favorites. It shouldn't be distorting at mid-volume. Mine takes everything I can throw at it even with active basses without going into the active mode on the amp. I remember fairly recently someone having the same problem with this amp in a similar thread. Don't remember if he remedied it or not. You might do a search on the amp. There's nothing, like paper, or any other object in the port? That's all I can think of. Sorry I can't be more of a help.

3. I think it has to do with the cardboard tubes that the ports are made of. I removed them and it went away. I put them back on and made sure they were tight and it seems to have quieted it but not 100%

Thanks for the info, I'll run a search.