1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)


Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jucas, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. jucas


    Dec 14, 2003

    THis is probably a stupid question, but here it is anyway.
    A lot of amps I've seen have lines in so they can be used as extension cabs. I thought my B100R had one, but as it doesn't is there any way I can use it as an extension? How bad is it to turn down the gain and the volume and just use inputs for this? (I would assume pretty bad)

  2. If you disconnected the head, you could wire that "line in" jack directly to the speaker and use the whole shebang as one big speaker box.
    If you ran a signal from another amp into the B-100's input jack, you'd be well on your way to transforming this lovely amp into a speaker alone. 'Nuff said?
  3. There's no combo amp I know of that has any kind of connection for another amp's speaker level signal to use its own internal speaker. Many amps do however, have a line input (sometimes referred to as the power amp input) for another amp's line-level output signal to be connected, thus giving the ability to slave one amp to the other, all controls and inputs being used on the first amp. A major rule with amps is that you should never even consider connecting a speaker-level output to anything but a speaker. There are some direct boxes that can accept a speaker-level signal and turn it into something else, but that's another issue. To safely use a combo amp's speaker as an extension for another amp, you'd have to physically disconnect it from the on-board amp so you wouldn't harm the electronics.