Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

B15 lust

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DanGouge, May 11, 2002.

1. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I had pretty much decided that the next amp I would buy would be an Ashdown ABM of some sort. Then I a '64 B15. What a sweet tone! Now I have the dilemna of which way to go! My left brain (rational side) says stick with Ashdown. Newer, probably more reliable technology. More versatility as far as adding cabs. More power too. All this and still sounds good, I like Ashdown tone. BUT my right brain (artistic side) says the B15 takes the cake for tone - and that's what matters. It's like I'm back at square one for amp decision making.

What do you say old skool or new skool?

2. Yo. Vintage B-15. I love those.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I'd go with the B-15. They just sound so fat and warm. Even if it doesn't work out for you in the end you could sell it and not lose much money.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What are you going to use what you buy for? The secret lies within, grasshopper.

The B-15 can be limited live.

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Aye, there's the rub!

I'm afraid that I'll lack volume especially since the electric guitarists I know all have stupidly powerful amps. Although I must say that I was suprised by the volume levels the B-15 produced...

It just sounds soooo sweet