1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

b15 not here yet-ripped off?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sedan_dad, Mar 2, 2008.

1. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I bought a b15 on e-bay on the 17th of Febuary.
    Actually it was bought for me by a good friend through her PAY-Pal account.
    Payment was made promptly.
    This was a sunday.
    The following Friday we get a message that it would be sent out the next Tuesday.It hasn't arrived yet.
    In fact no response has been received to any e-mails sent to this guy.
    Yesterday I seen where he had another item listed on e-bay.
    I sent him a message about that item and he responded within a hour.
    I sent him another message explaining about how that b15 sold by him on the 17th was bought in my behalf and asked if he could respond to my friends e-mails.
    No response.
    I'm getting nervious about this.
    I'm in Ohio and he's in New York so it's not like it's shipping from across the world.
    Pray for me and my Ampeg.

2. Be a bastard, contact him asking about his other item, then if he replies ask about the B-15.

In the guy's defense, i know my ebay emails sometimes get sent to the junkmail folder, so maybe he hasnt noticed. But send him one more email, saying that if he doesnt respond you will file a paypal dispute, that should get a response from him.

3. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    You can get his phone number from both PayPal and Ebay. Give him and call and see what is up.

4. sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Not a bad idea.
    Jazzman this almost was you with this problem.
    If you think about it, I did you a favor.

5. notenslaved

notenslaved I survived the 80's only to see it return.

Feb 13, 2008
    Connecticut, USA
    You can file a dispute/complaint with eBay for an item not received. You also can with PayPal.
    In the past, I've had problems with lazy people not shipping stuff after they were paid, and once I filed the disputes, the items strangely appeared within a few days. Something must have motivated them ;)

6. I won a bass on eBay that took me 6 months to get! The guy was an absolute jerk too. He had sold around 3500 items, but then inthe last 3 months he had got a good number of negatives.

I promptly paid via PayPal. So about a week later I sent an email. Nothing...2 weeks nothing. another email....nothing.1 month nothing. By this time it was too lat to get my money back from PayPal (you have 30 days). So then I filed a duspute via eBay Squaretrade. Nothing!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing!!!!!

So, then I get all of his contact info and of course call him. He yelled at me and told me to go to hell!!! So,I contacted his local police and they assigned a detective. So the detective went to his house and talked to him. He said he was sending it out the next day.

Now another month and nothing. They investigate again and he lies to them saying he has already sent out.
    another month and same. Soooo..I call the guy and tell him -"look, if you sold it to someone else, I dont care, just send me my $$ back" He told me I was harassing him that he already sent it. So, I asked him to give me a tracking #. HE told me NO! because I didnt pay the 6 cents for it!!!!!
    So that day I talk to the detective and he sends me the paperwork to press charges. I fill it out and get ready to send it back when guess what? It shows up!!!!!!!

Its now 6 months later!! In the end a few of the other people he ripped off or lagged with got together and got him banned from eBay for life!!
    So, be careful out there and if you dont get you item in 2 weeks or so get you $$ back fomr PayPal.

7. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Wow, this is the exact same thing that happened to me, and I live in Ohio also! Won a B15n on Ebay and then tried to get the guy to send it. The phone number listed on Ebay was no good. Took forever to answer emails. Seller was listed as being in Georgia, but I found out later that the amp was in Cleveland. Seller told me I could pick it up there, gave me a local phone number to call for a time. Nobody ever answered the phone - just got the voice mail prompt. Left several messages, never heard back! Sound familiar? I finally filed a claim with PayPal, and about a week later, the amp arrived.
    My advice is to file a claim with PayPal, and in the future, check out the feedback responses for sellers. Any negative feedback, I would stay away.

8. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    You know, when I read New York, I said 'huh, that sounds familiar' but didn't make the connection.

I guess worst case you can file a dispute with the credit card company...most are pretty good about making that process painless.

Good luck!

9. sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Here's the response I got today.

"""item goes out tommorrow monday i needed to get good pavking material and i had the flu for 3 days sorry for any delay but there is no problem you will have amp this week and i will promply email you tracking numper shortly thanks jr"""

And he did give me the tracking number.
    I'm hopeing for the best.

10. enjoy that b15, i love mine, nice old school thumpy goodness:)

11. sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    It came today.
    He said it was nasty looking and it was that.
    I hit it with some 1500 grit wet paper on the really nasty rust /grime and then a good polishing.
    Turned out looking decient.
    It sounds wonderful though.
    Very happy with it.
    It just took forever to get.