B1Xon and P.A?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Genesimmons8, Jun 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Genesimmons8

Genesimmons8

Jun 13, 2016
    I have this Bass effects pedal but have never used it "Live" yet. Will be playing an outdoor event with all the amps and P.A supplied by the organizers so I don't know what I will be working with here. Can I just run from my Bass into the B1Xon pedal then into a DI box and then run from the "Link" output into the amp onstage? Is this the simple way to do it? I've heard talk about line levels and things like that which I'm not too familiar with. I basically want the effects from the pedal to come through the P.A system and not just my amp onstage. Any help would be appreciated.

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Yup, that works if you get a cluefull soundguy.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    in the interest of being sound guy friendly, spend a little time with the pedal and get your levels set appropriately. ie, if the whole band comes up for a song section, cone about the same amount

when sound checking, I ask for your loudest setting first. you won't hear any noise. I'm just setting the gain on your channel not to clip. be sure you don't send your new friend out front un-expected blasts of volume. driving the input into clipping is not going to be well recieved on my end of the snake... or in the audience. digital clipping sounds bad...

Making your sound guy ride the bass fader with a bunch of effects at different levels coming in and out is a recipe for getting turned down...

I use a Zoom B3 in the loop of a Radial Bassbone and di off the Bassbone. Works like a champ. I did spend time tweaking the patches though. Gain balancing the patches was a large partof that effort.

I get some fader time. consider myself as clue bearing. Always hopeful that my bands will be likewise... sometimes yes, sometimes no...

RoadRanger likes this.
  4. Genesimmons8

Genesimmons8

Jun 13, 2016
    I have about 4 different patches I'm going to use. I sat down and set the volume of each one as identical as my ears could tell and put them in a bank all lined up. I hope that works ok.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    time well spent. Tell us if the sound guy notices...