1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

B200H and B115 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ibanez Bassist, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Is anybody out there using this combination to play out of or have you played out of this combo ( B200H and B115 Cab ) and how did it sound..
    Thanks

2. I got to use this very same combination at a Winery in Temecula, (SoCal) one weekend for a 'Don't Shake The Plates' mellow jazz gig and it was fine.

Not a powerhouse, but it was very nice and moved a lot of nice sounds for me.

I don't own a B-200H, but I do have a pair of the B-115s and I use them with my B-600H once in a while - but that amp can quickly and seriously overkill those 15s.

3. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I do realize that the power is limited here and I was more referring to a nice acoustic quality sound from head and cab, more for practice then anything else for right now, I can get both pieces at a really good price, very low, new in box so I was thinking of grabbing it.. thanks for the input..

4. 'Acoustic' as a brand name does not imply that it's an acoustic bass amplifier - for an acoustic bass, that is.

Although the Acoustic brand may well be used for an acoustic bass or guitar too.

But you said 'a nice acoustic quality sound from the head and cab' is what makes it a little confusing.

Is what you need for an acoustic bass or for an Acoustic Amplifier (of which there are two Acoustic companies), to make it all the more complicated? :D

So - pick one from the following:

1 an Acoustic brand amplifier/cab for an electric bass
    2 an amplifier/cab for an acoustic bass
    3 an Acoustic amplifier for an acoustic bass
    4 and amplifier/cab that SOUNDS like a acoustic instrument is being amplified when instead an electric bass is being played

Now I'm confused; but I'm sure there are a few more combinations out there if I could just get another cup of coffee right now.

5. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    No I don't need an Acoustic Brand Bass Amp for my acoustic/electric Ibanez Bass, I already have an Acoustic Brand AB50 for that and it sounds wonderful.. I was referring to just that special sound that you get from the Acoustic BRAND Equip. that I always liked thats all.. I understand quite a bit about Basses, Amps, Mixers, Interfaces, Computers, Recording, Etc... Been doing it quite a while and been a drummer all my life as well, just happened to fall into playing bass over the last few Yrs. and love it.. I guess the way I phrased the question or comment was confusing, sorry about that.. bottom line is does anybody else out there play this combination of two pieces by Acoustic Brand and do they like the sound.. thats pretty much it, no need to make it any more then that.. again sorry for the confusion ....

6. In my opinion and by several others., the GC Acoustic gear is old school.

I like it fine, but ask around and get more opinions.

7. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I use that combo. Great sound - good for small venues and parties. I'm able to lock in a vintage Motown sound, jazzy hiccup finger tones, and hard rock growl. I absolutely love my Acoustic stack. Works wonders with passive P & J basses. I can't give any feedback on how it sounds with an active bass.

8. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    @PBnJBassist* I like the Acoustic Brand sound as well and thats really what I was looking for, I realize power with this combination is limited but its more for practice and I can get both pieces for cheap and I have a bunch of other Acoustic Brand stuff ( all combos ) and I love them..

@SurferJoe46* Old School is just an opinion as you stated and in my opinion theres nothing wrong with old school and Acoustic Brand stuff in the right setting..

Whether I used this every day or not it would be foolish to pass up this new stuff...
    anyway thanks for the help..

9. Schpector

Schpector

Jan 31, 2012
    Macon, GA
    I had the combo version of it and thought it was a fine rig. I ended up selling it to a guy who was in bad need of a rig. He pairs the thing with an old Peavey 410 and, surprisingly (despite the illogicality of pairing a 410 with a 115) it sounds good.

10. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I guess sometimes you can get away with some odd combinations, I just didn't want to pass it up and as I said before I kind of like the Acoustic Brand sound...

11. I just bought the same amp and cab a couple weeks ago, new amp and used cab for $240.00 out the door, couldn't pass it up. It took me a little bit to find the sound I want but now I really like it! Played it last night at my son's b day party, about 50 people and it worked and sounded great.

12. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Definitely cant beat the price for the sound and the power that it does have for smaller gigs and stuff..