Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ElBajista, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I just learned about this and I was wondering if anyone has any more info. It sounds pretty interesting with upgrades such as a tube preamp, 225 watts, and a piezo tweeter.

You can find it in the new Ampeg catalog:

Attached Files:

2. Without commenting on sound, I predict it will follow the path of other Ampeg products by being heavy, hard to carry, and overpriced.
  3. Wheels man! My B100R has wheels! Sounds like the B200R could be an improvement on an already successful design. It is just what I was looking for. A little more power (2x) and a tweeter to defeat. I just hope it is the same footprint as the B100R so's I don't have to buy another Tuki cover for it!
  4. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Looks to be the same power section as the Ba115HP (220 watts) with a tube preamp. The price is only $100 more than the B100R list, so figure it will sell for around $649 on the market.

Looks real nice. My B100R is just not quite loud enough so this might do it. Plus the tube preamp (if it really does anything) will be very cool to warm up an already warm amp.
  5. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I'll be curious to play through one. The B100R is my favorite solid state combo. Looks like this new model includes all the improvements I always felt its predecessor needed save one--an extension speaker jack. If you had a couple hundred watts in an amp that could run down to four ohms, and a nice matching blue diamond 1x15 that be pretty sweet.

6. vintageampeg

vintageampeg Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2005
    It probably will be 4ohms, like the B100R. Oh man, I'm psyched for this amp.

I can't believe there's nothing online about this amp - someone on the Fender forum says that it's reviewed in the next Bass Player magazine, and it's headed for the street March 2006.

What up w/ Ampeg Marketing?? I'd be hyping this thing bigtime.
  7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I just got the new bass player, haven't "micro-read it," but saw nothing yet.
    I really like my b100r, if they've changed nothing but power, I'm in.
    The b100r is a strong 100 watts. If the b200r is a strong 200 watts, it's a big winner with me. I could do without the tweet for this application, but that's easy enuff to defeat.