1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B2R into a 210 and 212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by picknslap, Mar 26, 2006.

1. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    I currently have an Ampeg B2R, going into a Backline 410. I wan't to replace the cab with two Avatar cabs, I know I want a 210, probably the neo. But I'm not sure about the second one, I was thinking a 212 neo.

My thinking behind this is that, running two 8ohm cabs will give me some more power and volume now, and when I get a new, more powerful head, that Avatars will still be able to handle the load. Do I have this backwards? I guess what I'm asking is, is it "safe" to do this?

2. If you hook the two Avatar cabs together, which I assume you'll do, it will be a 4 ohm load, the same as your old 4x10 It might sound a tad louder because you're pushing more air.

Unless of course I have this wrong and the old 4x10 is an 8 ohm cab, then yes, the amp will be able to put out around twice the output.

3. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    yeh, the backline is 8ohms. So it would be okay to push the two avatars with just the 350watts from the B2R?

4. You could push it with anything. Just make sure that 350 watts is enough volume for you right now.

If you practice with your band and you drive it too hard into clipping, that can really damage your speakers.

You'll want to upgrade your head for sure, but you should be fine for now.