Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

B2r owners, check here please...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tattooed, Sep 13, 2004.

1. I'm trying to decide if I should get a 4x10 4ohm classic ampeg cab or the 4x10 8 ohm so I can add another cab some time down the road. Is the b2r powerful enough to push two cabs ran at 4 ohms or should I go with one at 4 ohms? :bassist:

2. If i could go back i'd get my 410 cab in 8ohm modle. I bought an avatar 4 ohm 4x10 for my b2r. i want it to be 8 ohms so i could add another. the b2r is really weak so thats why i want to now have 2 4x10s instead of one. more speakers the better imo

3. I was thinking it would be harder for the b2r to push two cabs, am I wrong?

4. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    I am pushing 2 cabs... Avatar 2x10 and a 1x12 (4 Ohms) It works great. Fills the room. Cuts through with 3 guitars and a drummer on stage. I am happy with it.

5. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    My B2R pushes my Eden 2X10XLT and Fender 1X15 no problem.

Lync

6. Sounds like I better hold out for the 8 ohm cab. Thanks for the replies.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I use my B2R with an SVT-410 HLN (4ohms) & I haven't had a problem yet. As for it being weak, opinions are like basses, we all have one, or 2 or 5. :)

8. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I'm curious what you mean by that. I had a B2R for a few days and was surprised how little power it had. I'd been usinga Behringer 3000 with room to spare which is about the same wattage. (300w)

9. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I'd pick up an 8ohm cab for futuristic purposes. You'll probably rather have a pair of 8ohm cabs when you have a more powerful amp down the road. The B2R is easy to grow out of.

10. I went ahead and bought the 8 ohm. Since it came into GC used, I have to wait two weeks to get it. Gave me a great deal though.