B2R to QSC RMX-1450 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wireking1, Dec 30, 2004.

1. I am getting rid of my B2R which I am currently using only as a power amp. I am looking to run my Ampeg Classic 2x10 and my 1x15 ( both rms of 200 watt @ 8 ohm).

I am using a sansamp bddi, a presonus tube preamp and a bluemax compressor to generate my tone.

How do I run the signal to the QSC? I will have a 1/4" out on the last device in the signal chain. Do I split the signal then send each to the seperate channels on the QSC. Then use each channel to run a seprerate speaker? I would guess that this would allow me to acheive a max 280 watts per channel @ 8 ohms from the QSC RMX-1450. Plenty of power for these cabinets I would think.

Is that how i should run this setup?

Will this be WAY louder that my B2R?

This is my setup:
    Bass > sansamp > tube preamp > compressor > Power amp
  2. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I would run it like this: sansamp->compressor->preamp->rmx1450 bridged. You can daisy chain both cabs because they are both 8 ohms. You would be bridging into 4 ohms, thus getting maximum wattage and headroom.

This will be WAY louder than the b2r...
  3. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Way, waaaaaay louder.

My former B5R (Same wattage at 4ohms) got to loud turning it pretty high through an Avatar 4x10. I sold the B5R and was about to sell the Avatar 4x10. But I just acquired a QSC RMX 850 and a Sansamp BDDI and wondered what they would sound like through the Avatar 4x10. So I gave it a quick try...

So your RMX 1450 should be in the same territory, if not noticeably louder.

Best of luck!

4. The 2x10 has 2- 1/4" jacks. The 1x15 is and older 70's cab with only one jack. So I can bridge the QSC and go into and out of the 2x10 then into the 1x15?

Is the 1450 over kill for my application? The cabs are only rated for 200 watts rms and 400 watts program. Will a bridged 1450 be to much (for the cabs, not me)?
  5. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne

I don't think that this is too much power. Sounds like this setup will yield a lot of headroom. Just use your head when it comes to volume and eq settings and you will be fine.