1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B3K power supply for a noob

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by burnd out, Dec 11, 2017.

1. I just got my new Darkglass B3K in the post and am now turning the house upside down to find a power supply ( yeah i know).
    The closest i can find to the manual 9v @ 20mA is 9v @ 200mA. I will have to cut the cord and re wire in reverse so the + & - are correct but what is a mA and will this do? please help?

2. Flippy

Flippy

Jun 9, 2017
    Europe
    mA tells you how much juice the power supply can provide / how much the pedal may consume. If the power supply provides more than the pedal (pedals) consume, you're good.
    However I'd recommend getting a dedicated power supply anyway, to avoid any accidental damage.

3. Cool cheers. So volts is the only thing to be concerned about?
    Yeah, will sort proper power in time ( i just assummed with the amount of crap we have laying around it would be this hard)
    For now i just want to play.

4. Flippy

Flippy

Jun 9, 2017
    Europe
    Sure, if voltage and polarity is correct the pedal will work.

5. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    I recommend going for a truetone 1spot if the B3K is your first or only pedal.

They're affordable and work great with short signal chains.

Regards,
    Doug.

6. Hey, oh wow.... Yeah will do, i have decided not to cut up the telephone charging cable for now and will grab something tomorrow. I could kick myself for not sorting this before.
    Cheers!