1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

B7K Ultra Frequencies Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TyCobb, Jan 16, 2018.

1. TyCobb

TyCobb

Feb 17, 2014
    Folsom, CA
    Making this more specific to the B7K Ultra because I am not quite sure the true proper forum to put this in, but I would also like to know if the answer generally applies anything with an equalizer.

I am playing around with the B7K to get some certain tones and need some help.

The frequencies are listed as: (Sorry, I have no idea why the forum adds so much space between the table)

Band Frequency
    Bass 100Hz
    Lo Mids* 250/500/1000Hz
    Hi Mids* 750/1500/3000Hz
    Treble 5kHz
    * means selectable

As I never really cared before, I just turned knobs until it sounded good, but now I am actually interested in exactly which direction the frequencies are being boosted or cut.

So given this scenario of Bass @ 100Hz, Lo Mids @ 250Hz and Hi Mids @ 750Hz; what frequencies are affected by the Lo Mid knob? Is it 101-250Hz or is it 251-750Hz?

Basically are these cut off points, starting points? My brain is telling me that these would be cutoff points, but would love a confirmation as it is actually really hard to find anything that specifically states what the number actually refers to on an EQ; just generalities.

zapped777 likes this.
  2. Beheroth

Beheroth

Aug 26, 2016
    bass is centered @100Hz etc...

Fuzzbass likes this.
  3. TyCobb

TyCobb

Feb 17, 2014
    Folsom, CA
    Wait, they're all centered? Um... well that actually makes sense. Crap, I'm going to have to fix my computer so I can analyze the sounds because I'd love to know just how wide it will go on certain settings. Guess I know what I am doing today. :smug:

Thanks!