1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

B7k with emg 40dc

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Apr 24, 2016.

1. I'm considering a bass purchase that has emg 40dc pickups and am curious if the Darkglass b7k works well with them. Any one have any experience with this?

2. Seriously no b7k owners around here have a Spector or other bass with emg 40dc pickups?

3. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    That is pretty much what Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse uses. There should be a vid or two on YouTube showcasing his sound.

El-Bob and Nephilymbass like this.
  4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Probably plenty, have a little patience! The B7K sounds at it's best when paired with a growly dual-humbuckered bass IMHO, there's quite a few YouTube demos of Spectors with the B7K, sounds like a great pairing to me!

Nephilymbass likes this.
  5. gpx1200

gpx1200 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    I don't have a darkglass but I have an SA aftershock and my spectors with DC's and TW's sound awesome threw the smoked glass engine witch sounds just like a B7K as far as I can tell

Nephilymbass likes this.
  6. hyp.spec

hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Fraser, MI
    I just picked up a B7K and I have a Spector w/ DC40s.

So good.

Nephilymbass and Darkglass like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021