1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BA-115 or BA-210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jan 29, 2003.

1. 115 - $450 100 watts, other options are good to go

But for an extra $100 I can upgrade to a 210..which gives me 220 watts versus 100.

I mean, I'd wind up using the PA at a gig anyway, right?

And I NEVER turn my 30 watt amp up all the way (hehe), because the most it goes to is like..5.

Think I should dish out the extra $100, or would it just be a waste of money since I'd be using the PA system anyway?

2. PA or no PA, there is no comparison. As far as I know, you can only get the BA-210 with the onboard effects. Let me tell you, IMHO the 210 sounds like crap. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't sound near as good as my BA-115. Your results may vary. Maybe I just got a bad apple. Try them out and choose the one you like the best.

3. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    Ba115 all the way. I tried both at length and the effects on the 210 almost convinced me until I turned it up. The 115 was by far louder and richer and I got mine for $349. in the box at Guitar Center. It's just loud enough for practice, I'm very happy with it.

4. jbasser206

jbasser206

Jul 31, 2002
    Western NY
    I agree. I have had my B-115 for almost 2 years,has been knocked around a little but stills sounds great!! I use it for practice and "small gigs" miked through the PA. Save your cash.:D :D

5. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    also - i have seen a few used ba-115's for sale (around here i think) lately at an even better price than $450.

-erik

6. I forgot where, but it's on my AOL favorites list, a site where you can buy Ampegs for dirt cheap.

115 is only $349 there :D