BA-115 or BA-210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jan 29, 2003.

1. 115 - $450 100 watts, other options are good to go

But for an extra $100 I can upgrade to a 210..which gives me 220 watts versus 100.

I mean, I'd wind up using the PA at a gig anyway, right?

And I NEVER turn my 30 watt amp up all the way (hehe), because the most it goes to is like..5.

Think I should dish out the extra $100, or would it just be a waste of money since I'd be using the PA system anyway?
  2. PA or no PA, there is no comparison. As far as I know, you can only get the BA-210 with the onboard effects. Let me tell you, IMHO the 210 sounds like crap. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't sound near as good as my BA-115. Your results may vary. Maybe I just got a bad apple. Try them out and choose the one you like the best.
  3. Ba115 all the way. I tried both at length and the effects on the 210 almost convinced me until I turned it up. The 115 was by far louder and richer and I got mine for $349. in the box at Guitar Center. It's just loud enough for practice, I'm very happy with it.
  4. jbasser206

Jul 31, 2002
    Western NY
    I agree. I have had my B-115 for almost 2 years,has been knocked around a little but stills sounds great!! I use it for practice and "small gigs" miked through the PA. Save your cash.:D :D
  5. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    also - i have seen a few used ba-115's for sale (around here i think) lately at an even better price than $450.

6. I forgot where, but it's on my AOL favorites list, a site where you can buy Ampegs for dirt cheap.

115 is only $349 there :D