Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BaaaaadAss!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by old_skool, Jun 20, 2002.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I was talking to some guys at Electric City Music about a new bridge a month or so ago and some how they got to the conclusion that they were supposed to order a BAII for me. I didnt find out till yesterday when I called them about an amp Im interested in.

Im talking to them about the amp (SM750) and the guys like "Oh, and the bridge is on back order, but we'll have it for you soon."
    "Umm, right, the bridge, which one is that?"
    "The BadAssII you ordered, remember?"

So, basically I just want all the info. possible on this bridge, seeing as Im getting it...:rolleyes::D Anything at all guys. The good, the bad....the BaaaaaadAss. Sorry.:D

2. Search the archives at the bottom of the page. There are several extensive discussions about these bridges there.

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Doh! Yeah, I should have thought of that. Thanks, bro. Well, anyone else got anything for me?

:Edit: Ive looked everywhere, whats the string spacing on 5 string BAIIs?

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I'm assuming that you're going to put the BAII on your Jazz bass. Well, I've had a BAII on my Jazz bass since the early 1980s, and they really improve the sound of a Jazz bass.

The only thing that I might alert you to is that you might want to consider filing a groove into the G string saddle. other wise the string might move around on the saddle. These saddles don't have grooves for the string so you might have to file them yourself. The mass of the other strings typically keep them in place on their saddles, but the G string might move around on the saddle since it's a "light weight".

5. I was just at the all parts website last night, and I'm pretty sure they listed string spacing on the bridges. Hang on a sec, let me check for ya.

Edit: here you go, straight from AllParts.com

BB 0325-010

Leo Quan Bass V 5-String Bass Bridge, Chrome, 3" Spacing With Screws

[​IMG]

6. if you plan on filing some slots, then you can choose your spacing. i think 3" is probably the maximum.