1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Babicz Bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Geri O, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Geri O

Geri O

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    These bridges look really nice. And I'm wanting to put gold hardware on my MM Stingray 5-string. Since it sounds like I can't get the gold hardware from MM (that's what I hear, anyway), the Babicz gold bridge might be a good alternative.

Has anyone done this particular bridge mod before? I know resale will be affected, but I plan to never ever sell this bass.

Thanx, Geri O

2. An issue you might hit is string spacing. Last I heard, the Babicz is 19mm and the MM Stringray is not...

FWIW, I have a couple of Babicz 5 string bridges (including a gold one) and I think they're just great.

3. These are AMAZING bridges. Ingenious design, but......

I believe the string spacing is designed for P and j basses, not very adjustable and I don't think the spacing would work for a stingray.

4. Geri O

Geri O

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    Oh, well, the truth hurts and I thank you guys so very much for the responses. I didn't think to check the string spacing, but I wil when I get home.

Thanks for the heads-up again, ya'll...

Geri O

5. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I think the string spacing will be ok, but I don't think it will cover up the whole foot print of the MM bridge. The two threaded inserts will cause a mounting problem.