1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Babicz "full contact" 5 string bass bridge-GOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by road-cat1, Jul 19, 2014.

1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Price:
    $100
    49443_732668. I bought the BABICZ FULL CONTACT BASS BRIDGE (5 string GOLD) for a custom made bass and "assumed" that the spacing was standard on my bass. Big mistake. While this bridge uses the FENDER standard string spacing, my bass is slightly smaller than that and the g string and b string sat too close to the neck edge for my comfort level. Really was a shame, because the SOUND of my bass opened up and didn't sound as compressed as it had sounded before. The bridge is, for all practical purposes, brand new. It cost me $200 for the bridge and I will sell it for $100 plus shipping (probably $5.00 priority mail). Of course it will have the mounting screws, directions, allen wrench for adjustment. Click on the link to see the specs and spacing info. 3/4" string spacing.

http://www.fullcontacthardware.com/fch-5-string-bass-bridge

2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I wish this was black...

3. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Do you have any black paint ??? :)

4. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    In all seriousness though.. this is a great price on this bridge.. new or used.. I mean really... how much wear and tear can a bridge get.. BBG has this bridge for $188. I am looking at upgrading one of my basses and if this was black I would have snatched it up.

5. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    You are correct on that. Of course, the bridge was only on my bass for less than 1 hour before I decided that it just was not a "match made in heaven" for my BOSSA bass that has narrower string spacings. So..there is NO wear and is the same as new.

6. Jothabass

Jothabass

Jul 18, 2009
    Northern NJ
    Man... I need one like this in chrome!!

Free BUMPO for the nicest bridge on the market

7. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    You could always put gold tuners on your bass and raise the entire level of your bass to 1st class. :) Just trying to be cute bump

Jothabass likes this.
  8. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    BUMP

9. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Still available ....make me an offer or trade offer!!!

10. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    bump

11. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    bump

12. gpx1200

gpx1200

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    I cant find the material listed in the specs,is this bridge made of brass or..??

13. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    After scouring many websites for reviews, it seems that this bass guitar bridge is made of aluminum. I would have thought that it was a brass bridge, but reviewers state that it is aluminum.

14. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    on hold, pending payment

15. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    sold