Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Baby On The Way

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ryan L., Aug 26, 2005.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Like the title says, my wife and I are having another baby. She is due on October 28th, and we have already found out that it is a girl.

Some of you may remember a long time ago (actually, two and a half years ago) I went through a divorce. In fact, there are a few members here who were extremely supportive and helpful through it all.

Well, some time ago, after much talking, and realizing that both of us felt "incomplete" without the other in our lives, and also realizing that neither had fallen out of love with each other (yeah, I know, it sounds sappy), we decided it was time to act on how we felt. Which meant getting back together. It was quite possibly the best decision that we could have made. We have obviously realized by now where our previous problems had been (mainly her family, which is a whole 'nother story) and the mistakes that we had made in our relationship before. I could go on in more detail, but I won't bore you guys with all the details. But, our family is back together, with an addition on the way.

So, I guess I just wanted to share my news with you all. I guess sometimes good things do come to those who are patient and wait for what they really want in life. :)

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats, Ryan!

3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Wow. Congrats, man. Best of luck.

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That is really a great story. Best of luck to all of you! :)

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I guess sometimes things do have a way of working out. It's been pretty cool. :)

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Congratulations man. :D