1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Bacchus 24 - Japanese Custom Shop - Humbuckers (w coil-tap), Bart 3-band (active/passive), TONE!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Price:
    Cheap!
    Strings:
    No trades at this time please!

This is a Bacchus model 24. The model has gone through some revisions since it's introduction around 2000. This one is a more recent model (not the very latest) that has the way-cool two piece bridge and Bartolini 3-band that's active and passive (via toggle switch). She also has a coil tap switch (which enables only one coil on each humbucker).

It's a tone monster, particularly if you are a slapper (although it also does finger style and pick style great). If you are a slapper, it's very percussive and each note punches through like Chuck Norris!

Neck is very Jazz-like. It's also a 3-piece and is very stable. The fret work is second to none. Very level. The bass is extremely well-made and SOLID! The fretboard is a gorgeous ebony!

Update on weight, she's a hair under 8 lbs !!!!

She has a "hand-oil-rubbed finish" which is not quite as tough as poly. She has been played quite a bit and the body does have some wear as a result. If you are looking for mint bass, best to move on. If you are looking for an AWESOME player with incredible tone and tonal options that you don't have to worry about bumping, etc, then this is your bass!

She comes with the original gig bag (a pretty nice one). As I recall, this model was around $1,800 or so new before shipping from Japan and import taxes (which place it above $2k total cost new). Because she has some cosmetic wear, I'm going to only ask $685 local and $725 shipped (CONUS), which is EXTREMELY reasonable and cheap for a Japanese made Bacchus (especially a model 24 w Humbuckers and a Bart pre)!

If you have never played a Japanese Bacchus, you are missing out! I've owned several and they are amazing instruments. The craftsmanship is in the league of basses costing double and triple what they ask for them.

20160103_122143_zpsouxehxbl.

20160103_122216_zpsfbcccq54.

20160103_122154_zpsapoejwvm.

20160103_122239_zpssj0s5tmc.

20160103_122244_zpswae0ngcv.

20160103_122357_zps5guqnknz.

20160103_122231_zpsmmnrvbmw.

20160103_122124_zps2zkfa3md.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Monster Truck and mpdd like this.
  2. LowB-90

LowB-90

Jul 2, 2014
    COLORADO
    Wow crazy deal

3. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    ash body?

4. Quadzilla

Correct. Swamp ash I would say as it's not terribly heavy at all.

5. Jayfrench

Jayfrench

Oct 14, 2014
    PM Sent

6. DC3

DC3 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Atlanta
    PM'd

7. Quadzilla

Just weighed her. 7.93 lbs!

8. Quadzilla

I have several PM's about this bass. First to commit gets her. Doesn't look like she will be here long! I priced her way under market value. Better hurry!

Sharknose79 likes this.
  9. Tnadu

Tnadu

May 5, 2010
    Louisville, CO
    Does this bass have a tilted headstock? I notice there is no string tree usually seen on Bacchus.

10. Quadzilla

Correct, there is a bit more tilt on this headstock than a standard Jazz headstock (Bacchus or other).

11. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Very cool!