1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bacchus 24F 5st. Europe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ped, Jul 29, 2007.

1. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Hi everyone,

As this is my mose recent purchase I am having to let it go first. I won't be back at work for some time having just had an operation and need a fair amount of cash to pay off some overdraft and give me room to pay my bills until I am back on my feet.

I recently imported this bass after being so impressed with my other Bacchus bass. This one does not dissapoint - an extremely rich and full sound with excellent build and unique looks. It weighs very little (will get the scales out for those interested) and has a 2 band pre-amp which seems to me to be extremely powerful and very nice sounding.

The spacing at the bridge is 18mm and is 34" scale. Here are a couple of short samples of the bass:

http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...55/stream.music
    http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...15/stream.music

As you can hear it has an incredibly tight and sweet tone with a really glassy top end.

I would definitely not be selling this if I had money coming in in the forseeable future, but my loss can be your gain. It comes with a padded medium/high quality gigbag with the logo on the front and strap.

I am looking for offers in the region of £750 which is a good price considering the order and import costs from new.

Finally here are some specs:

BODY : ALDER
    NECK : 3pcs MAPLE
    SCALE : 34INCH, 6 bolt
    FINGERBOARD : ROSEWOOD
    TUNER : GOTOH GB7
    PICKUPS : HMC JB-ALV CUSTOM (Bacchus original pickup made by Keiyo in right here Matsumoto, with rosewood pickup cover)
    PREAMPS : HMC EB-1
    BRIDGE : BACCHUS DB
    CONTROL:1VOL, 1BALANCE, 1TREBLE, ・1BASS
    FINISH : THIN LACQUER NB (No Buffing)-FINISH

Feel free to come and have a go if you are near Oxford. If you come to look you will go home with it! Mint condition except a tiny nick on the back somewhere.

Pics:

241-2.
    P7080698.
    P7080701.
    P7080699.

2. What a shame. I'm very sorry to hear this. I always thought this was a beautiful bass. I'm sure it will be snatched up quickly.

3. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Thanks mate. Desperate times...

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    750.00 EUR = 1,021.59 USD

If you're talking Euros... But I guess you're talking British Pounds?

750.00 GBP = 1,518.05 USD

5. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I thought the price was in british pounds? If so, that's more like $1500 US.

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    In that case, remove the WOW, and insert:

750.00 GBP = 1,518.05 USD

Still a great price for what looks like a serious bass. Very impressive.

7. Man!! I hate to see you selling it. Selling my LeCompte 5er stung a little. Hope you get well and back to normal ASAP.
    I'm hunting 4 strings only these days :meh:

8. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Some people have mentioned that the sound clips wouldn't work on the other forum it is advertised - any problems here?

Here is a clip of the bass in passive mode for those interested. It is a little rough but because of my neck I can't play for very long or look down at the bass!!!

http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~ch...ples/Bacchus 24F Hum Custom 5 passive.mp3.mp3

And here is a clip of the bass in active, with a small treble/bass boost:
    http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Bass guitar samples/Bacchus 24F Hum Custom 5 jam.mp3

Thanks
    ped

9. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    And a quick word about my (lack of) feedback - I run basschat.co.uk, the European bass forum, and have sold and bough too many basses there. My eBay name is wwwbasschatcouk (recently changed from wwwbassworldcouk when we changed the name)

Thanks
    ped

10. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Bump, reduced to £600 collected in the UK - need the money badly due to illness! C'mon folks!

11. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Noce sounding axe. Nice and burpy! ........ what strings are you using in the clips? and have you had rounds on it since you got it?

I'm a string freak.

12. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Hi, thanks for the compliments. I use Elixir super light strings on all my basses (marleaux rounds on the f/less..) and love them to bits. In fact, the strings on this bass from new were Elixir but the standard gauge - I had an 'old' set of super lights and put them on, and they sound brand new as you can hear. The strings are probably a year old at least.

I hope that satisfies your string fetish tendencies!

Cheers
    ped

13. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    I will ship internationally - is there any way of changing my title and ommiting the 'Europe' segment?

14. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    bump

15. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    SOLD, thanks