Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bacchus basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass_man86, May 11, 2003.

1. bass_man86

bass_man86

Apr 29, 2002
    Virginia Beach
    Anyone ever hear of Bacchus basses? My guitar player bought one for a measly $600 used and it rocks. I will confess that he got lucky as we live in Japan, and they are made here. I have seen them on the internet reatiling for $2500 and change.

Those of you that know me know that I am not normally a fan of instruments that retail in excess of 2 g's, but this 5 banger impressed the hell out me. It was made out of gorgeous book matched white ash with a maple neck and fret board. It sported 9 volt active electronics and a set of Bartolini jazz style pick-ups. I used it along with my vintage Rick for a gig and it was a real pleasure to play and hear.

I am jelous beyond belief. I almost did not give it back to him. Any opinions on these basses?:D

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
  3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    those look really neat! the clear pickguards are really nifty on those, giving a clean look without being boring. that Up bass looks interesting too.

4. WOW!!! I wish they sold these in the United States

5. kap'n kro

kap'n kro

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    "Up bass is brand new instrument , nether up-right bass nor previous bass.It looks like Up-right bass, but you can play like electric bass with strap. Please try this inastlument and go to the new world." hehe

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    "Bacchus series are not only high quality instruments but also matchig with all genre music. "Bacchus" means wine's and musical god name on Greek or Romen mythology and he was crazy god. We hope musicians play frantically and feel beat. Modern music like rock music and fusion music need to play darlingly. We think their instluments are same too. You can palyer like Bacchus "

[​IMG]

They've got some interesting models, though I don't know if the "Duke Master" is the best name I've ever come across...

hehe, I guess it beats "the Duke Box" though!! Ow!

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That's some amusing translating on that site :D. I hope their basses are better than their english. ;) Very nice basses though- they look gorgeous and from what bass_man said, I'm sure tehy are top notch.

8. bass_man86

bass_man86

Apr 29, 2002
    Virginia Beach
    I am surprised that I did not get into trouble with the Sadowsky crowd with my previous statements, but I have tell all of you, the five that I played was just lovely. I know, I know; Fender knock off (okay I own two Fenders as well). Still in thirty years of playing I have not come across too many axes that just knocked my socks off!

The bass that I played was a five string. I did three 45 minute sets alternating between the Bacchus and my Rick. By the third set I stuck to the Bacchus for the whole set. I was playing both axes through a Genz Benz rig and it just ruled.

I would not trade in my Rick for one (too much sentimental value, I have had it for 26 years), nonetheless I was really impressed with this bass. I will be actively looking out for one. I guess I will get in trouble with my Wife again.

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Run my name thru the search engine and you will find my comments on the Bacchus basses in the thread
    has anyone heard of Bacchus Bass?

just my 2 cents

10. claypool

claypool

Jul 6, 2000
    Seoul Korea
    i've used bacchus bass for a year.. mine was standard model. i've played live with it and also recorded and they sound ve~~~~~ry solid!!
    and above all... the playability is awesome...
    very well built from japan..

11. Larz Gearbox

Larz Gearbox

Jan 4, 2004
    i'm new to bass (played guitar for loooong time) and new to the forums.
    Anyway i picked up a Bacchus for $280NZD (about 190USD) and it is killer.
    I have been trying to find some info out about them, but can't find much.
    My one appears to be simply called Brian.

12. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I've known about Bacchus basses for awhile, never thought of posting anything about them, but there's lots of them out there. I just felt like posting a pic of one i thought looked especially nice.