TRADED Bacchus Handmade Series Woodline DX AC 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BIGEJ2, Jan 13, 2015.

1. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Price:
    $1,250
    Strings:
    Weighs 9.8 lbs. Asking $1,250 or best offer shipped CONUS. Paypal accepted. Open to trades of similar value and condition. I'm also willing to trade down with cash coming my way. Please keep all offers to PM.

I recently picked this up in a trade. Its a great bass and I'm glad to finally have the opportunity to try one, but it isn't quite what I'm looking for. Japan makes some great stuff and the quality of this one is impeccable. Fit and finish are perfect and it feels great.

Bass is in near mint condition. There is a scuff on the underside of the upper horn and very small scratch on the back of the neck behind the G String. I tried taking photos of both areas. The bass is flawless outside of these two items.

The original owner replaced the pre-amp with a Bassmods BEQ12-34PTAP (3-band, active/passive with passive tone control). The original 2-band Bartolini XTCT preamp and knobs are included. Personally, I bet the Bart would kill but I don't have the skills to re-solder it back in. All wiring is there and it looks like a pro job. To make it stock, all that needs connected is the pickups and ground.

Current controls: Volume (pull for passive), blend, concentric: top-mid / bottom-passive tone, concentric: top-treble / bottom-bass.

Original controls: Volume, blend, treble, bass. Switch is active / passive

Specs:

3-Color Burst
    2-Piece ash body
    Top lacquer finish

34" scale
    1.8" at the nut (46mm)
    1-Piece maple neck
    Ebony fretboard

Gotoh 404SJ-5C bridge (18mm spacing)
    Bacchus JB-ALV pickups

The bass will ship in a good condition Road Runner hard case.

2_zpsf18bb9ad.gif

1_zpsa3139fa8.gif

3_zps43a26b15.gif

4_zpsa0574fad.gif

5_zpsfff0769f.gif

6_zps1f886c71.gif

7_zps363c98d5.gif

8_zps614c8112.gif

9_zps7f6af9a5.gif

10_zps74d7173f.gif

11_zps357e191c.gif

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Price drop bump

3. grouse789

grouse789 Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Westchester NY
    What is the string spacing at the bridge?
    Also what is the nut width?
    And lastly, what is the heel width? ( in the event of changing the neck)

4. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Nut width is 1 13/16"
    Heal width is 2 7/8"
    String spacing looks to be 18.5mm

5. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Price drop to $1,250 shipped CONUS or best offer. This is a great opportunity to grab a cool bass that doesn't come up for sale too often. And its shipping stateside instead of from Japan.

6. LowB-90

LowB-90 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2014
    USA
    Do not hesitate to deal with BIGEJ2... not only are you saving at least $400 on this bass. His a great guy to deal with. I wish I had the $ or else would have been long gone.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021