1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bacchus Strong Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phippsyg, Sep 10, 2008.

1. phippsyg

phippsyg

May 28, 2007
    Sydney
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Optima Strings
    Anyone know anything about this model of BAcchus basses? Is it still a Japanese handmade bass?
    Thanks

2. It is in fact one of the handmade series from the Nagano factory. It was discontinued in 2007.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bacchus%20Strong%20001.
    [​IMG]

Ash body, maple neck, generally ebony fretboards with pearloid blocks and binding, 34" scale, in-house pickups, Bart NTMB preamp, oil finish.

3. phippsyg

phippsyg

May 28, 2007
    Sydney
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Optima Strings
    Thanks for the reply. Do you own one of these or played one? I'm looking for a bass with a Jazz type vibe-would these do it? I know they make a jazz bass as well, but I've seen one of these for sale.

4. I don't own a strong, nor I have I played one. I own two of the standard J-classic models. I don't think the strong would nail a traditional jazz-vibe due to the humbuckers and 3 band preamp, kinda more like a beefed up jazz I'm guessing. Check out www.japanvintageguitars.com for the current line-up.