1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BaCH basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by swooch, Jul 17, 2012.

1. swooch

swooch

Jun 30, 2005
    Sweden
    Hello forum,
    I recently bought a 5-string Jazz bass copy from BaCH ( http://www.bachmusik.com/en/ ) for ≈250€. So far I'm super happy with it. Simple, robust and good sounding. (Kind of like this but 5 strings.)

Does anyone else have any experience with these basses?

2. NOT

NOT

Jul 15, 2011
    I bought a used BaCH NR Thunderbird with a Mike Lull pickup. I love it! It has a great fingerstlye tone and a nice feel. The tone is a mix of Gene Simmons and Tom Petersson.

Attached Files:

3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I find their short scale bass quite tempting.:)

4. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I entered the shop, here in Milan, for I was really interested in getting a Marcus Miller "replica" in black, because of the ugly three ply b/w/b pickguard, less disappointing on a black body.

CIJ Marcus Miller Jazz bass doesn't come in black, while MIA 5 stringer does, but at twice the 4 stringer price.

I picked the MM replica off the wall and tried it out. I was not impressed, let alone the impossible "low price", especially for a not so scooped out electronic, and a very rough neck finishing

View attachment 278483

View attachment 278484

Then I unpromising took the "P style" with same "fake Marcus Miller" 2 band equalizer, thru a center split and a "StingRay" (let's call it like this) bridge humbucker.

It played way better: open tones, instead of utterly "nosy" in the MM replica, a true Precision alike attack, even if with a slightly thinner midrange (same BTC available only) and a way better overall finishing, all at a further lower price.

Of course I ain't got anymore now, but I felt free to contribute

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. swooch

swooch

Jun 30, 2005
    Sweden
    Ok. Interesting to hear. I though more people would have tried these bases, but I guess it's a European (czech) thing.