1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BACH prelude 1st suite

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Jbasssalles, Mar 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jbasssalles

Jbasssalles

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi every one !

I share this video that I made a few times ago of Bach's 1st cello suite prelude. I would love to have your feedback on it ! Already thanks have a good day !

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Very nicely done! That movement ties the fingers up in so many ways, and this was a very clean performance. I will have to explore the fingering you used for the A7/C#-->D7/C passage leading to the fermata.

3. Johnyb3000

Johnyb3000

Jan 23, 2012
    Wonderful! I truly enjoyed your rendition. I don't play double bass but I did just spend the last 6 months relearning electric bass after 15 years without playing music. This is the piece of music I chose to learn to challenge myself. It is funny that a set of notes 400 years old has different fingerings for every player I have seen play it on video. Made me smile when I read the previous post talk about fingerings.

marcox likes this.
  4. Lovely work!

5. Silevesq

Silevesq

Oct 2, 2010
    Quebec
    Fantastic job, this has been on my to do list forever and I'm just not getting it.
    You are definitely inspiring me to keep on trying, you are proving me that it is doable.

Have you consider doing it in another key? I've been enjoying in it D last time I worked on it.