Bach Variation No. 1 from the Goldberg Variations

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, May 15, 2004.

1. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    nice work. what did you record it on? and how many tracks? 2?
  2. Thanks. It was 2 tracks. Recorded with Adobe Audition ( formerly, Syntrillium Cool Edit before they were pillaged by Adobe ) on a PC through an M-Audio Delta 44. I used a SansAmp BassDriver DI to go direct. It was recorded with my Hanewinckel 7-string Reactor.

- Dave
  3. This is really good work, Dave. I'm diggin' it.

You and Jean need to get together and come up with a classical CD. :D
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  5. Thanks! We've briefly talked about doing some Bach duets. I haven't had the time to hang out let alone work on that sort of thing with him. His two-handed tapping Bach Invention is great. I hope my Variation inspires him to record it. His Mario Bros. is pretty sweet too. Those are usually a big hit at Rabbit shows. :cool:

Check out this guy: . He's amazing. He does a ton of Bach with two handed tapping. He does it on guitar though. Nobody's perfect. ;)

- Dave
  6. Beautiful!
    Although I don't like your tone in the upper register....
  7. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Great work !!!
    I´ve checked some of Fulara´s videos some months ago and his style is amazing. His expressions too :p
  8. other than my computer speakers sucking, it sounds great.
  9. Thanks. I'll do another mix just for sucky computer speakers. :D

- Dave
  10. more people should do just that.
  11. That's great! Not really a fan of classical music, but that little piece is really nice and well done. And I dig your tone.
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sounds cool Dave, I don't know how you do it. I do like your tone in the upper registers; very articulate.

A classical duet with Jean would be amazing I think. NR is one of my favorite bands.
  13. Thanks! I'd love to do something like that. There just isn't the time. I've been thinking about putting together a group of electric instrument players to do all Bach. I'd probably call it The Electric Bach Ensemble or something snooty like that. :) Maybe I'll put an ad out and see if I can find any other interested players. Time is the problem though. I have three bands that I play in now. ( up from zero 6 months ago :D )

I'm a huge NR fan myself. Check out some of my pics at .

- Dave
  14. Here's the final version of that recording. It's a completely different mix. Actually, the two voices are hard-panned left and right and there is no reverb in this one. That way you can listen to the voices separately if you wanted.

This is the one that will hopefully appear on the sampler CD.

- Dave