Bachelor / Masters Degree in Europe / Holland

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by John Goldsby, Mar 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. John Goldsby

John Goldsby Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Bassist @ WDR Big Band Cologne, Discover Double Bass, Conservatorium Maastricht, NL
    Hi Bassists who are looking to study jazz, pop and contemporary bass (electric and/or double bass) towards a BA or MA degree.

I've been teaching for a few months at the Conservatorium Maastricht in Holland, and we're looking for good bass players who want to join us to pursue an education at this great school in the center of Europe. There are several audition periods in the next few months. Maastricht is a bustling, small city near the border of Germany. The town has a thriving student music scene, and it's located close to many other cities like Cologne, Amsterdam, The Hague, Brussels, Duesseldorf . . . and a few hours on the train to Paris or Berlin. The teaching languages are English and Dutch. You would probably learn Dutch when you're here—just because—but you can get by well at the school in English.

The bass faculty is strong and energized, and it would be fantastic to welcome some dedicated bass students from around the globe. Bass faculty: Matthias Nowak (Double Bass), Jan van den Boomen (Double Bass), Alexander Boerner (electric bass) and myself.

If you've compared college jazz programs in the US and Europe, you'll know that the European programs are *very* friendly financially. The tuition is modest and living expenses are comparable to any small to medium sized college town. There are scholarships available for jazz bass.

If this has piqued your interest, send me a PM and I can give you more info about auditions and contacts at the conservatory. More info about international students can be found here.

If this thread is misplaced, I trust that our trusty moderators will move it to an appropriate spot.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021