1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bachelor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by L-A, May 13, 2010.

1. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    ...is my new title.

I started my student life 17 years ago and it ended last week.

Are there other happy graduates here?

2. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    I'm hoping to graduate as a Master of Science in two months or so! Just got to finish this thesis and sit a few exams first...

3. Congrats! What is your degree in?

I hold both a Bachelor of Science (honours) degree and a Master of Science degree. Currently working on my Philosophiæ Doctor (or PhD as they are more commonly known!) :)

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Congratulations. Now get a job. :p

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    GIVE ME SOME MONEY!

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Yeah. Hippie. ;)

7. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I have a portfolio night in a few hours. Hopefully I'll get a job or at least a few more substantial contracts over the next months.

My degree is in graphic design, with a focus in Interactivity/UX.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice. I made my bread and butter doing that for about 8 years. I didn't have a degree in it though.

9. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Congrats!

I just graduated with my Bachelors as well a couple of weeks ago. I'll be starting a Masters in the fall.

10. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Bachelors of Science in Geology and Geography here.

11. I have one more year left till my associates degree in music but i will continue to a bachelors after that.

12. I hated college and dropped out twice and I'm now going to a Trade School for HVAC. RAWR

13. whatever pays the bills :bassist:

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Will be graduating with my Master's in August. Then it's off to PhD Land in the fall with the wonderfulness of comp exams, dissertations, and conferences, oh my.

15. I graduate on Sunday! :)

Zero job leads though. I went through a three-interview process with a company, only for them to go with somebody else. :(

16. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    The night and interviews went well. I might be the guy behind your next RPG game interface.

17. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    université de montreal
    Music departement... many years ago!

18. And supervisors, demonstrating, marking, university stores and maintenance tom foolery, health and saftey madness and a good chance of wanting to shoot yourself on a regular basis.

Welcome to the club :bag:

Also . . .

phd050399s.

phd032610s.

phd030110s.

phd020608s.

http://www.phdcomics.com/

The best relevant way to waste time!

19. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Thanks for the site, Mohawk. The Grad Student Work Output totally reminds me of my Master's experience. I'm currently on an internship now, which is literally a 40 hour a week job. The problem is that I'm still trying to live on a "student schedule," where it doesn't matter if I have to stay up until midnight to get work done, because I don't have assistantship duties for the rest of the week and I don't have class until 5 p.m. the next day; so I can sleep in.

Needless to say, my circadian rythmn hates me.

20. Oh man, I wish I could sleep in. The last few weeks have been over 70 hours at the grind.

It's saturday morning here, 8:17. I'm away to leave to get to the uni, doing some extra hours, need to be in at 9.

Last night I was at a pennywise gig, first proper night off in the last fortnight, im deaf, feel like im dying, but god it's good fun :p

I'd also say it's applicable to masters, because a masters is being a grad student (most of the time) :)