1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bachman Turner Overdrive-Let it Ride

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by ssbass, Sep 15, 2008.

1. anyone have a correct tab for this?

2. bump. Can anybody help me with this

3. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Which part?

DCat

4. I've been trying to figure this song out. I think i just play an F# for the verse, but I'm not sure about the intro or chorus. Any help on this would be great. If you have the this tabbed could you PM me it.

Thanks

5. still looking for help on this one.:bassist:

6. Bass301

Bass301

Jul 13, 2008
    I remember 911Tabs website has a Guitar Pro transcript for this song. Although just the guitar parts, you or a guitar friend could figure out the chord names and then figure out the bassline or create a reasonable facsimile.

An actual bass transcript might be also available from the website as well.

Guitar Pro software has a free demo version which can be used to play back the tablature. The paid version --- well worth the money --- provides looping playback of user specified measures at any chosen slow speed.

Also try Hal Leonard Online to see if the song is in any tablature books.

7. Me too. Bump!

8. Hawkbone

Hawkbone

Mar 23, 2009
    Newfoundland
    Try looking for the Big Sugar version, that may help some. IIRC the two versions are pretty similar except for the reggae influenced parts in the Big Sugar take.

9. chorus seems to go from D to A E F# then F# B C# E F F# the verse is F# C# and the F# drops to E before the chorus,and that little run up seems to be a F# minor lick......thats just my ears ymmv

10. Bloodtoes

Bloodtoes

Nov 29, 2009
    Los Angeles
    :bassist: Gary Lowe for president

The Big Sugar take, the guitars were tuned down a step or may have been dropped D, open D (or some variation thereof or, knowing gordie, open C with a capo at the 2nd fret). You can get away with whatever tuning you like as long as you can reach a low D.

The main riff in big sugar's take on this song went C-G-D-E-C-C-D-E-D. Then there was a part where it hammers on from the low D to an E a couple times followed by a B with a slight and slow bend (like, a bluesy 1/4 step bend).

But listening to the song, Lowe throws in a lot of fills that my ear isn't quite up to task on. But hey, there's enough info there to make up your own. =)

I don't have the BTO version handy, but I do believe Big Sugar's is a step lower than BTO's, so transcribe it up 2 frets which would mean it could all be played in standard tuning at the same frets.