1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bach's Cello Suite One

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sathington W., Apr 13, 2009.

1. I just started work on Bach's Cello Suite One in G Major today. I went ahead and entered it all in Garageband's interface. I haven't added any bass, yet, because I'm holding off actual recording till later, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or comments on what I've got so far.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=461016469
    I know, it's mediocre, and GB isn't very powerful, but I'm new to this theory stuff, and my bass instructor gave me a Bach for Bass book which is where I got the music to transpose into GB. I just kind of took off from there. Anyway, enjoy.

2. Sounds good so far, good piece to play as well, simple and fairly easy but boy does it sound good every time I hear a bassist do it!

3. It's a good technique exercise as well, seeing as (at least the way I finger it) one must keep their fretting hand extended throughout the song.

4. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    I'm under the impression that those two repliers didn't actually listen to the original post.

5. I don't see how that's possible, seeing as one of the two posters was actually the thread starter.

And how did I not read or listen the original post? I commented on what he had so far, which is the basic track over which he will record the bass. Did I miss something?

6. boonefiddler

boonefiddler

Oct 12, 2006
    Central Iowa
    I like doing this song in the key of C on bass. Here's my version: