1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Back for more help, this time on a Yamaha, on Ebay so Help Fast please!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Little Cricket, Apr 2, 2006.

1. HI
    I saw this BBG 5 string bass on ebay for what looked to me like a decent price. They are asking $250 Buy it Now. Before seeing this I had gone to my local GC and bought a fender 5 string standard for $290 used. I still have the option of returning the fender and that is why I am coming to you all the Gurus in search of advice. I searched the forum and the web and a most reviews I found on the Yamaha were really good so I was wondering if this would be a better purchase over the Fender. They both are 34 inch scale, but the Yamaha has 24 frets to the 21 on the Fender. Please help since the Yamaha is on Ebay and probably won't last too long.

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    It would really help to have a little more info on the basses.

Model numbers would be cool.

Condition would be useful too.

:D

Joe.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I say go with what you know. You bought a Fender. I am assuming you tried it before purchasing and that you are satisfied with your purchase. 250 for a bass you haven't tried, plus another 30 bucks for shipping and you are saving 10 bucks but don't have a clue as to how the bass sounds or plays. Is the neck bent like a banana? Does it sound like crap? Who knows. My personal choice would be to stick with what you know plays and sounds good and not venture off into an impulse purchase which you might regret. But that's me......

4. thanks for the insight. That was my own argument about the fact that I haven't tried the Yamaha and I like the classic fender sound. I guess I was hoping someone had compared the two and were able to tell me which might be better as far as value, keeping in mind I have three other fenders, but the are 4 stringers and one is fretless.

As far as condition, both are in great condition. The yamaha has two little knicks on it, but otherwise looks great. The fender is purple and that is a huge hang up for me but otherwise plays and sounds amazing