Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Back from WAVEAID!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gazman_res, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Hello all,

Just got back from Waveaid and had a steller time, for those who dont know, waveaid is a concert held to raise funds for the tsunami victims where there were about 8 bands on one stage over about 8 hrs or so...

The Highlights for me:
    -Silverchair
    -Midnight Oil
    -John Butler
    -Miss Higgins

Of the 8 bands.. at least half had bass solos which were bloody fantastic!

Im kinda tired. But just a mega thanks goes out to my mate trixie who works at ticketek. She managed to get me and my mate two tickets AFTER the event sold out! In the front, next to the stage.. right under the fireworks!! :hyper:

I'm sooo tired.. so ill follow up on this tomorow morning!
    Any other forumites make it to this great event?

2. MIDNIGHT OIL!?!

damn you!!!! *shakes fist*

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Silverchair is still together? They're probably at least 18 now eh?

brad cook

4. Had a shower, feelin not so tired now :)

Midnight Oil ended the night, they were excellent. the crowd loved it.. all 47000 i think.

Silverchair apparently never broke up, regardless they put on a good show!

5. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    The singer/guitarist dude Daniel Jons (or something) had problem with his hands...carpal tunnel I believe, so they didn't tour for like, ever.

6. Bassnovice

Bassnovice

May 4, 2005
    Actually Daniel Johns had a problem with anorexia and arthritus the band was just put on hold really, but he has also created another band with Paul Mac called the Disociatives know for their hit song "Somewhere down the barrel".