back gear have to use it, but do you like it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leftybassdog, Apr 6, 2001.

1. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

ever have a gig as an opening act and have to use the back gear ? drums and bass rig are the back gear and sometimes you get to play on some cool setups and sometimes you dont, what is the best and worse rig you ever had to play on? the best for me was a killer rig with 4-eden d 4-10 XLT cabs and two gallien-krueger heads, the sound was great! the worse was an old fender bassman that had a short and it made me see stars !! i can still feel it! any good storys on this????
  2. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    i think this is similar to that. I have this gig where i split time with another bassist & he lets me use his Ampeg 60s?70?s FlipTop 15 combo. i think thats what i'm gonna do for an upcoming thing too. thats all
  3. Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    i got to play through a sunn 300T and 2x15, that was pretty nice. Last night was some ass trace-elliot head, sounded like crap.
  4. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    On St.Paddy's Day we did an afternoon gig on the night band's gear; I went into a Bass Pod Pro through a Crown amp into an SWR Goliath Sr.(6x10").I used both my FNA 5 and my RBXJM6.Very nice,especially the part where I unplugged my bass,put it in the case,and walked away! But I paid for it that night; we had to schlep our stuff onto a semi trailer/ stage and play outside in 42 degree weather for 2 hours.