Back in the game!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by STROMERO, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. STROMERO

STROMERO Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2016
    First gig tonight in 17 years. Haven't been on stage or performed for a crowd since my last band. We get an hour, opening for another local band. Half terrified, half thrilled. Soundcheck in 3 hours. Gonna wear a hole in the rug pacing around.

wish me luck! if I don't make it back, tell mama I love her.

2. Rock it Man!

Sore Thumb and btmpancake like this.
  3. HauntedDave

HauntedDave

Mar 7, 2016
    Houston, TX
    Killer man! There's no feeling quite like rockin' the stage.

4. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Awesome. I predict it will be like riding a bicycle, you'll play like the long break never happened. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing all about it. :)

Sore Thumb and floridagatorfan like this.
  5. Make your mistakes early to get them out of the way and then don't worry about it.

Knock 'em dead!

6. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Pictures or it never happened ;)

7. STROMERO

Sep 12, 2016
    Thanks everyone. I'm off!

Bunk McNulty and BassCliff like this.
  8. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    Good Luck! (And, remember... always, uhhh...hmmm, I forgot what the heck it was...)

9. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    That is fantastic to hear! Hope the practice paid off and you had a blast. Definitely inspiring to think I could take a decade off and fall back into the pocket. Very cool!

dbase and McG like this.
  10. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Looking forward to hearing how well it went!

dbase and Sore Thumb like this.
  11. Can't wait to hear how everything went. Your talkbass family here has full confidence in your abilities.

dbase and McG like this.
  12. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    I hope it went well! Took a similar break and I fully remember the excitement of the first gig back. I hope you remembered to breathe and took the fully majesty of it all in last night!

2 1/2 years and nearly 100 gigs since I stepped back in and I still get excited every time!

13. Once you start playing, it will feel like you never left. Like riding a bike, you never forget. Relax and enjoy being on stage again. Good luck. :thumbsup:

14. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I'm pretty sure you knocked it off the chassis. But I'd like to hear you tell it in your own words. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

15. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    And remember: We all screw up. Live music happens in real time, thank goodness. The moment passes, and it's on to the next thing. Have yourself a really good time!

16. STROMERO

Sep 12, 2016
    Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. The gig went GREAT. No major screw ups and the crowd loved it. The sound man told me as we were striking the stage that he loved mixing for us and the club manager said he wants us back. I can't believe I waited this long to do it again.

17. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    Awesome. Glad to hear it went great. I was going to say pics or it didn't happen, but on The gig that wasn't... yet. someone posted pics and it still didn't happen..............so nevermind.

18. The anthem of getting older. :roflmao:

Glad to hear you Rocked It! :bassist:

19. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Are you sure you played this gig? Hmmm! .. No mention of food or chicks ;)

20. STROMERO

Sep 12, 2016
    Photographic proof!

No food, lots of beer, and I went home with a hot brunette in the crowd. Of course I've been going home with her for over 20 years but still..

Attached Files:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021