1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Back of headstock crack

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cpt8101, Sep 29, 2010.

1. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    What, this?
    dc336173.jpg
    (Honestly, the IMG code is given to you right there...)

I'd get it fixed. Happened to me, took it in, cost me like $30, I can still see it but I don't have to worry about it.

2. cpt8101

cpt8101

Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry created the post from my iphone.

3. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Ok, I'll excuse it this time then ;) sorry for being harsh on you.

4. Wrong forum...

There is a setup & repair forum if you scroll down a bit. You'll probably get better advice in the long run if you ask the question in there.

5. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    It looks to me like it has been fixed, in two places, and sanded afterwards. Are there cracks, or have they already been glued/sanded?

6. cpt8101

cpt8101

Oct 6, 2009
    Here is what happened...Too my bass to get the beck neck sanded so it wouldn't become so "sticky". The guy did a great job on that. It feels 10 times better.....But it can came back with the cracks. He had repaired. Not sure if this had resulted the sand job he did???

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021