1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

back order bass?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MATAMOUROS, Apr 9, 2010.

1. MATAMOUROS

MATAMOUROS

Nov 9, 2008
    Hi guys. Just want to vent off steam. On 11-24-2008,i went to eastcoast music mall in dambury,Ct.,to buy a esp deluxe 5 string bass.(espB1005)They told me that i could get it in 7/10 days,and i made a deposit of 700.00 cash.The total price was 920,plus tax(sam ash price match).I never got the bass,they said it was on back order,and finally they closed down without warning,and kepth my 700 bucks! Nice,real nice,and other than go to the former owner of the business and make him **** in his pants,i dont know what to do. Sugestions !

2. Well, if they filed for bankruptcy, and the time limits have not ended, you could file an unsecured claim with the court to see if they will be distributing any money to unsecured creditors. Chances are, even if they do distribute funds to unsecured creditors it won't be much at all.

Unfortunately, I think you're SOL (sh*t outta luck). Sorry, dude. That hurts.

3. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    stabbing spree

4. thwump64

thwump64

Feb 2, 2010
    Oshawa, ON
    I think you answered your own question.

5. This happened over a year ago, and you're just asking now? Its probably already to late to even file a claim against the business if they went bankrupt. Everyone that was getting paid anything has already been paid. There's nothing left.

Randy

6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    I visited EastCoast about two years ago,m after driving past it on I-84 for years. Seemed like a big empty warehouse, some stuff on the wall, the bass room was very poor. My first impression was that they wouldn't be around very long.

They once were a large and successful company, and had another shop in Newington CT ... it was an up-scale operation then. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

7. dogofgod

dogofgod

Dec 24, 2009
    These are the types of instances that make me very weary of buying a bass or putting money down on a bass, which, for all intensive purposes, doesnt even exist yet. I won't even buy a bass on CL or ebay because I assume most people will rip you off, even though I know this is not true for everyone.

I have personally seen some major scheming done to people who thought they were getting legitamite products bought on Ebay, when in reality they were just getting junk.