Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Back to my Roots

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alembicfive, Mar 20, 2005.

1. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    After only playing 5 string basses for the last 15 years, I had suddenly had a case of GAS! So....for some odd reason I found myself the owner of a new Fender Jazz. It is a standard Jazz (I am not going to get hung up on where it was made) 4-banger. MAN!!! I am having fun with this sucker! I forgot how much different it is to slap on a 4 string compaired to a 5-string. FUN FUN FUN! And wow, this bass kicks ass. This bass has awsome punch. I had a small problem with some fret buzzing when I got it but the boys at Sam Ash re-dressed some of the higher frets, and bingo! And to boot, I installed a BadAss II this afternoon, and man, this sucker is even more funky! And I got the action nice and low like I prefer. I can't believe I have not had a 4 all these years!!

The sad thing is, after I had my Alembic made (5-string), I started geting rid of all my 4's including two nice '62 Jazz RI, a fretted and fretless. Man I wish I still has those!

[​IMG]

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego